Many people are concerned about bacterial contamination of fresh fruits and vegetables. Remember the spinach scare? And the recent lemon scare? During the winter especially, we serve fruits and vegetables that are grown in other countries. So here is what we do to ensure that our fresh, uncooked food is safe for you:
1. We disinfect them – melons and oranges with a weak bleach solution; everything else with white vinegar
2. We disinfect our cutting boards and knives
3. We wash our hands and wear gloves
4. And then we cut, chop, and otherwise prepare them
5. Lemons — they’re in baggies, so our wait staff doesn’t have to touch them to put them on your water or iced tea glass.